EEA Visas

There are a number of different visa applications under the European route, including EEA family permits and EEA residence cards; there is also a possibility fo settlement (Permanent Residence) under the EEA route. Feel free to get in touch with us for a honest and professional help and advice. You may want to know which EEA visa application is be right for you, appeal an immigration decision that has gone against you, extend an application or need someone to plan a strategy (course of action) for your complex immigration matter. We have a team of expert and experienced immigration lawyers who specialize in different areas of EEA Visa applications.

EEA Family Permit

An EEA family permit is an immigration document that allows non EEA nationals who are family members of EEA nationals (it could be a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, child, grand parent or other closely related family member).

Importantly, a non EEA family member of a British national resident abroad will be able to apply for an EEA family permit to join the British national in the UK provided that: -

  • They (the spouse or civil partner and the British national) have been living together in the EEA country.
  • The family permit is issued for six months and before the expiry of the EEA family permit, the non-EEA national can apply for residence card as a family member of an EEA national.

EEA Residence Card

EEA Residence Card is required when a family member of an EEA national, who is excercising treaty rights in the UK seeks to bring a family member to join him in the UK. Such a family member could be a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, child or grandparent. This may be even benefitial to anyone who is in the UK with or without a UK Visa. It is important that an EEA Residence Card application be submited at the earliest time to further the chances of success. Evidence of the excercise of treaty rights must be demonstrated by the EEA national; such evidence would have to be submitted with the application. Based in the EEA Regulateions, the UK government is bound to consider the EEA Residence card application within 6 months from when the application was submited. You may be entitled to a judicial review in a High Court should you believe that the Home Office have acted with negligence in the processing of your application.

The residence card may take the form of a stamp on your passport or as separate document normally referred to as immigration status document and is usually valid for 5 years from the date it is issued. Some of our immigration lawyers in London offer a free immigration advice over the phone on any immigration inquiry and are keen on assisting with your case.


tier 1 entrepreneur application form
best immigration lawyers in london 
best immigration solicitors
fiance visa lawyers in London

Quick Links


The Home Office is proposing to charge UK businesses seeking to employ non-EU workers £1000 for every skilled worker they employed. This, according to the Home Secretary, would cut down Tier 2 migrants by 20%. The Tier 2 visa route is designed for skilled non-EU workers who have gained employment by an employer who is willing to sponsor them.

The Institute of Directors (IoD) urged the Government to dismiss this proposal, claiming that it will have an adverse effect on small firms seeking to bring in skilled workers in certain key areas where it is evident that we have shortages. Key sectors like teaching, IT and nursing will be affected.

Partner UK Law firms